This page is the technical specification for the Actor class. See Actor Overview for information on working with actors in UnrealEd.
Objects that have a position in the world are subclassed from Actor. For example brushes, movers, decorations, Bot (UT)s, Light (UT)s and Triggers (UT2003). This is an important class because it's the base class for all in-game objects (as in "object oriented programming"), so you'll find really a lot of very important functions and variables defined in this class. UnrealScript beginners ought to take a look at this class's source code.
For this class in UT see Actor (UT).
Actor properties sorted by group. These can be changed from UnrealEd's actor properties window.
- Legacy:Actor/Karma see Karma for now
- LightColor and Legacy:Actor/Lighting
Note that not all property groups have been described yet. Please fill in if you have time.
Other Members Of The Actor Class
- Legacy:Actor/Properties that don't appear in UnrealEd's properties window
- Operators – The color operators.
- Properties and functions which are Legacy:Actor/New In UT2004 or have changed from UT2003
See Actor Class Hierarchy for a full tree of subclasses.
(or notplaceable with placeable subclasses)
- AntiPortalActor (see Antiportal)
Not Placeable Subclasses
- Decal (deprecated)
- WeaponFire (UT2003)
- This class in other games:
- Creating Actors And Objects
- Destroying Objects
- Actor Class Hierarchy – All descendants of this class
- Actor Overview – more mapping- and UnrealEd-related information
- Actor (UT) – The UT version of this class
- Replication – All the evilness of network-related Actor functionality
Great Actor Pages Debate on page names and organization: Actor (UT)/Talk